Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What's Going On?

I realize that I have not posted here in a loooong time. Many months ago you guys asked me to explain my feelings on the war and how I got there since I was admittedly so wishy-washy on the subject. As much as I hate to say it I haven't given it much thought. In fact, I haven't been giving the war in Iraq much thought. Which makes me wonder if in our world of sensory overload have I finally become desensitized to this whole thought of evil and harm and destruction? As a Christian I am supposed to show compassion to those in need, pray for peace, protect the weak, etc. I see myself getting more tired and bored of the usual arguments I hear on TV day in and day out. Dems think we should leave which means all the work done so far will go to crap. The Reps want to stay which means more violence in the long run. And I am left thinking, "Is this even our problem anymore? Let's just build our fence, become more self reliant, and move on." I know that is not the answer either.

1 comment:

Art said...

I feel the same way sometimes - there seems to be no easy answers. Abandoning Iraq completely makes me worry who or what will fill the power vacuum yet staying on the current path doesn't exactly paint a bright future either. Surely there is a middle way that no one is articulating very well... yet.